- 175g SR flour
- 175g sugar
- 175g butter
- tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ground hogweed seeds
- handful of rosehips (carefully deseeded)
- zest of and juice of an orange
- icing sugar
- Rose syrup
- Make sure you have carefully removed the itchy seeds of the rosehips before using (larger Japanese Rosa Rugosa hips are better for this).
Chop and soak in a pan of gently heating orange juice and zest to infuse flavours. Leave to cool.
- Next make your cake – mix flour, butter, sugar and baking powder together and add hogweed spice mix to taste. Then add the orange juice
and rosehips (save a few rosehips for decoration).
- Pour into two spring release cake tins and cook for around 40mins on 180ªC until skewer comes out clean.
- Make butter cream filling by mixing butter and icing sugar and a splash of rosehip syrup.
- Fill cake with butter cream and jam and sandwich together. Decorate with a dusting of icing sugar, additional rosehips and hogweed seeds.